The University of Southern Mississippi’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in Hattiesburg will join forces with the Gulf Coast center to conduct a series of Business 101 workshops in September. The SBDC programs are designed to assist small businesses and entrepreneurs with education and training opportunities for development of business plans and concepts. In addition, trained professionals at the center help clients secure small business loans for their ventures.
The workshop schedule is as follows:
USM – Trent Lott National Center, second floor, Room 207
- Tuesday, September 13 (6-8 p.m.): Starting a Business – First Steps
- Tuesday, September 27 (6-8 p.m.): How to Develop a Business Plan
Gulf Coast – The Innovation Center, Biloxi, First floor in Main Conference Room
- Thursday, September 8 (6-8 p.m.): Starting a Business – First Steps
- Thursday, September 15 (6-8 p.m.): How to Develop a Business Plan
- Thursday, September 29 (6-8 p.m.): Cash Flow Projections for Your Business Plan
USM created its Small Business Development Center through a partnership with the Small Business Administration, the Mississippi Small Business Development Center Network, the University of Mississippi, the Trent Lott National Center, and the College of Business at USM. The MSBDC includes nine basic service centers throughout the state.
The USM Small Business Development Center offers, at no cost to clients, the following services:
- In-depth counseling assistance to ensure more successful startups of new enterprises and to strengthen existing firms.
- Business plans and loan packaging assistance.
- Small business workshops/seminars.
- Assistance to minorities, women, veterans, the handicapped, exporters, inventors, research and innovation and international trade.
- Referral system linking other small business assistance organizations in the SBDC regional locations.
- Interaction program between Mississippi educational institutions, businesses, and government.
To register for one of the workshops, go to www.mssbdc.org and click on “Workshop Schedule” or call 601.266.5892 (USM) and 228.396.8661 (Gulf Coast)